06 February 2006

The Curse of the Terrible Towel

I've been a Steelers fan for the past 15 years. When I spent a year living in the Steel City back in the mid 90's, being the good little fan I was, I purchased my Terrible Towel, like all good fans should. But once I actually moved away from Pittsburgh, I noticed a strange phenomenon. Every time I watched a game while grasping my Towel, well-the Steelers lost that game. At first, I thought it was a fluke, but really-it was downright depressing. So, I just hung my Towel on the wall during football season and kept my hands off of it-and my beloved team would win.

But, with my Steelers going to the Big Game this year, I decided that it was time to get a new Towel. Hoping to break the bad karma, I went on *evilBay* and purchased a brand spanking' new Black Terrible Towel. It only arrived this past Saturday. And wouldn't you know it? As I clutched my Towel during the first quarter of the Super Bowl, my Steelers looked bad, and I actually began to wonder...was it the curse of the Towel?

Suspicion got the best of me-I hung my trophy back on the wall after half-time and the rest is now history. I won't mess with fate again.

1 Comments:

Blogger missy s said...

too funny!

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home